Tuesday we went out to Antelope Island for a presentation and to explore. But our trip was canceled early.
Just after we enter the visitor center Aubrin starting holding her head and saying "Ouch, ouch." I thought that maybe she was teething or had an ear ache, but she looked fine. I couldn't figure out what her problem was.
Then somebody nearby started complaining of biting gnats and so I looked at her scalp and the poor little thing had them all over! I tried to get them out, but they were so little. After I killed them and we were able to enjoy they rest of our stay at the center.
But, then we went down to the beach. Some friends got there before I did and when I arrived my friend's kid was screaming and she was holding her head saying that she had to leave. I asked if they were really that bad and she while she was running her hands through her hair to get the gnats out, a HUGE swarm came from her head! It was so gross that I was not willing to get my kids out of the car. I got out to see if I could quickly help my friend get her stuff back in her car, but I ended up running back to mine because the gnats had found me! It felt as if they were all over my skin ~ it was absolutely creepy! After we got back into our cars we decided to go to a park in Layton, to try to make the day up to our kids. But all the way to the park we were killing gnats and hitting our heads trying to kill the nasty little things.
Later, after all the trauma we laughed that it felt like we were in a twilight zone movie. It was not the day I had planned, but I was so glad it was over!
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Twilight Zone moment
Posted by
Chanelle
at
3:00 PM
Labels: Homeschool, Nature
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
that is so crazy Chanelle! I hope that all your heads are better and gnat free!!:)
Yuck! That wasn't a very fun surprise. I'm hope you are all feeling much better now!
I have never heard of such a thing, and yes, that's really creepy!
That's disgusting! I'm so glad you got out of there!
Holy Cow - YUCK!!! I have never heard of biting gnats - something to watch out for.
Post a Comment