While on our travels we stopped off at the Museum of Idaho and visited their "World of the Pharaohs" exhibit. It was so wonderful! As a kid I wanted to be an archaeologist in Egypt and
ancient Mexico, but soon realized I couldn't have a normal family life doing it, so I gave up the dream. But, I still love the cultures, so this was a real treat. We weren't allow to take pictures in the
exhibit but some of my favorite pieces were a jar with wavy handles and a beaded dress. It was a gorgeous dress! I would have totally worn it if I had been royalty ;)! (Pictures are from the Museum of Fine Art in Boston)
On the way home we stopped off at the Lewis
and Clark Caverns.It was more interactive then most park caves I have been in. We actually had to get down and slide around. It made it very fun. But the first descent was nerve racking. We were on a staircase over a 100 foot drop and I ended up getting disoriented and down looked like up. That never happened to me before and I never want it to happen again!

always easy when you're little ;)



1 comments:
It looks like you guys had a blast! I'm glad you had fun.
Post a Comment