Dave and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary last weekend by going to the Johnson Mill B&B in Midway. We stayed for one night and I didn't want to leave! It was gorgeous and the food was outstanding! I highly recommend going there for a quick get away.
The old building was recently updated and was so beautifully done.
The views were spectacluar and it was a birder's heaven! I saw so many birds that I had never seen before. It was a true delight.
We were able to hike the grounds and found a ton of yellow-bellied marmots. They were a riot to watch.
We stayed in the Courtyard room and loved it! It was very private and beautifully decorated. It was very hard to leave. I want to go back in September and stay in the Waterfall room, which overlooks the waterfall (hence the name ;) ), plus from it's windows you can watch deer feed all night.
For dinner we went to our favorite restaurant ~ Adolph's. Of course it is Swiss food ;). We had a great time, except for a small interruption that I will explain later.
On Saturday we went hiking in Solider Hollow and then went to the Off-Road Expo in Salt Lake City. At the expo we got to see Bridger's buddy, Clay Egan, and Bridger was pretty bummed we went without him. I don't think we will ever leave the kid home for an off-road event again! We had such a great time and I'm so thankful to my sister for watching our kids so we could go.
2 comments:
That looks so fun - and you look so cute! You have given us a great idea for our 10 (next year - wow!)Looks like a fun B&B - and yes, you better not leave Bridger out on your next visit to an off-road show - poor kid! :)
How fun to get away! It looked beautiful up there! The off-road show looked fun too, how fun you guys!
Post a Comment