Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Our visitor at breakfast

During breakfast this morning, we were joined by a female Ruby Throated Hummingbird. Aubrin always is the first to point out that we have hummingbirds visiting our feeder. It's so cute! But this female kept going to our tree in between feedings, so I went to get the camera and snapped a couple shots. But, then she delighted me when she came to eat while I was under the feeder. She even allowed Bridger to walk out on the porch. I love hummingbirds for their social natures!






Her beautiful green
back feathers













She is so beautiful!









(Someone once asked how I get such nice pictures of the birds and I figured it out ~
I cheat! My porch is level with the center of the tree, where most of the birds rest.
I'm kinda lucky, huh? :)

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

What a little bird watcher you are! Next months activity days?? :)

{sheree} said...

That is so awesome that your bird feeder really attracts birds! We keep watching our little feeders, but my girls have been disappointed, maybe I'll call you for some tips. :o)