I recently learned that poetry does not belong to the written word alone. It belongs to all things, on earth and in heaven, that speak to the soul and lifts it to a higher place.
Well, it is 2:04 am on a Saturday night and I can't sleep because I have been crying. But, it has been a happy, sappy, sad cry
and I've enjoyed every minute of it.
The cause of my crying was due to the fact that my mother and I just finished watching the best movie I have ever seen. It was so wonderful that I told her I had to go and blog about it right away. ~LOL~ She laughed and then followed me to the computer room. Luckily there are two computers in here and we are scanning the web for anything we can find on the amazing movie "North and South."
After tonight it is my number one favorite movie and will replace "Persuasion," "The Scarlet Pimpernel," and even "Pride and Prejudice." It was so moving and the actors were so believable. The love story was powerfully moving as both characters grew together over time and with experience. But, I think the thing I loved most was I learned little treasures about our economy, society and my own personality. This movie spoke to my soul and is a piece of beautiful poetry!
Sunday, February 3, 2008
A piece of beautiful poetry
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I LOVE period movies like those that you've mentioned, and am excited about your recommendation of North & South. I've put it in my NetFlix queue. Sometimes a good cry hits the spot exactly. My sweet husband also loves watching these types of movies with me (Aren't I lucky?!), so this will be a good one to look forward to.
Chanelle,
Upon your recommendation, I did watch North & South, and I loved it! Wonderful story about friendship and love. This is the kind of movie that inspires me to try harder to be a better person. Thank you for blogging about this movie!
Post a Comment