A fellow homeschooler and blogger, Lara the Lazy Organizer, has inspired me to be more organized and take less steps in my life.~~~Last month I went to a seminar where I met Lara and her bags for the first time. While there we learned how to organize our homes and lives so that we have more time to do the important stuff. She also showed us how to have 'bags for our bag,' which to be honest I thought was a little OCD. But, as I watched her explain how they worked it caught my interest. I didn't buy any bags that night, but as time went I really wished I had.
But, using her bags have made my life is so much calmer ~ I can finally find my lip gloss :) (Anyone who knows me, knows I love my lip gloss! LOL) Also, Aubrin would pull out the wipes and diapers and strew them throughout the house. It became a daily game of "Where's the Baby Stuff?" It was not a fun game! But, now they are in a bag, all together and very easy to find. As for Aubrin ~ I guess I should teach her to stay out of my purse.
BTW ~ I'm thinking of hosting one of Lara's organizing classes at my house. If your interested please let me know and I'll work out a date with her. She is full of wonderful tips.
Thanks, Lara for your wonderful bags!
These are my items in their bags and then in my purse.
Hooray for knowing where my lipgloss is!
10 comments:
Look at you go! I can't believe you're not sick of hearing me talk about organizing yet but I know I never get sick of doing the talking! I would love to come over. I'm going to have my slide presentation all ready by next week so that will be a fun addition. See you soon!
I love her bags and it's definitely time to order more. (but first I must dejunk a little)
Oh I envy you - a purse where you can actually find things! I haven't bought the bags yet, but have heard wonderful things about them.
Her bags really are the best, aren't they??
All I have to say...
simplifiedspaces.org
You should remember her from High School. She's got great ideas!
Go you! I don't even have a purse, I just throw my wallet in the diaper bag and I'm good to go. Unless, of course, I'm going somewhere without the kids. I have been eyeing those bags for craft space organization though...
awesome! I admire you home schoolers. I could never do it!
Looks great! I really need to get some bags, for my bag, the kids' rooms, the bathroom...the list goes on!
Aren't they great? I put my MICROspikes in the "just right" bag and they are hanging next to my shoes in my closet. I'm so 'bagged!' LOL And I just bought a bunch more. I can't wait to get them :)
Great idea. I hate how the little things get lost so easily!
Post a Comment