Friday, February 1, 2008

My dream painting is $68,000!!!

Last week's Mitt Romney rally was held in the Medicine Man Art Gallery, where not only did we feel the great American spirit, we saw it. This was one of the most diverse and beautiful art galleries I have ever seen. My green eyed giant drooled over beautiful bold necklaces, picture like paintings, uncracked Indian pottery, 100 year old photographs developed on glass, and so much more! But, there was one item that was the most beautiful and simplistic thing I ever saw. And it is this painting by Gary Ernest Smith~
To me this picture is life! Through it I see beautiful moments towering over the thorns that sometimes cause pain. And I want it in my living room! It is quite large ~ OK, it's VERY large. But, it would fit beautifully on my wall over my couch. Now if I can just make that very large price tag fit in my wallet ~ LOL! ;)

Here is a picture I gleaned off the internet that shows the detail a little better then the picture I took. Oh, to me, this is beauty!



“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.”

~Leonardo da Vinci

2 comments:

{sheree} said...

It really is a BEAUTIFUL painting! Imagine the feeling it would bring into your home...

Glad you are having so much fun!

Teresa said...

Beautiful! I can only imagine how vibrant this painting is in real life. Isn't it fun to find a piece of art like this that is so moving to you personally? I hope you're able to hang it in your living room one day.