Monday, February 18, 2008

My cook books are in one spot....


....and color coded! Dave laughed at me and said it
looked like a beautiful rainbow. LOL

I moved into this house a year and a half ago and I've never had my cook books in one place. Sometimes they are upstairs, sometimes they are downstairs. It is quite frustrating to be going up and down, down and up, up and down ~ you get the point ~ just to find the right recipe.

Well, I decided that I could spare a bookshelf from downstairs and I brought it up! We never use the
breakfast bar of my counter, so I placed it under
there and put all of my books in it. Then I got
creative and organized them by color. I knew it
wouldn't last long with Aubrin in the house, so I had to take a picture ;).

It feels so good to know where they all are and have them where they are needed! Now I just need to get a beautiful garbage can. ~*~ hehe ~*~

3 comments:

Lara said...

What a great idea! It looks like the perfect spot for them.

{sheree} said...

It looks like they just belong there! My sister-in-law actually has her cookbooks in the same place in her kitchen and I always thought it was such a great idea!

Teresa said...

Isn't it wonderful to get organized? I also love having my cookbooks where I can get to them easily. Your cookbook shelf looks great! Good job using a piece of furniture you already had to make this work.