Sunday, February 3, 2008

GO MITT!



Saturday we stood on the corner of Grant and Tanque Verde, which is one of the busiest intersections in Tucson, and held up signs in support of Mitt Romney. And it was a blast! We had groups on each corner with a total of over 20 people. Throughout the day, Mitt's supporters were scattered over 7 intersections in town. Most were out there all day, but we only lasted about an hour and half because of the kids.

I found out there is more support for Mitt here then I thought, because we received a lot of honks and thumbs up. But, since there is opposition in all things, there were also a lot of thumbs down. The funniest was when little old ladies in sporty Mercedes would drive by giving us just one finger up. It was very odd looking and made me laugh each time.

It was very exciting and will be something that I will never forget.

2 comments:

Rencher Fam said...

Chanelle it sounds like you are having an awesome time! I love all of your posts...what an adventure!

Teresa said...

I think I missed before that you are in Tucson. My in-laws just returned from a wonderful vacation there. They stayed at the Royal Elizabeth B&B.

Great job supporting Mitt! I am excited (and nervous) about tomorrow. I'll add my shout to yours, "Go Mitt!"