I love to hike (if you didn't already know ;) ) and don't mind tackling cold weather or snow, but I do mind ice. It makes for a very unpleasant walk when every other step is filled with the anxiety of whether I will fall or not. Because of this fear, I haven't been walking as often as I like and those extra holiday pounds found their way to my rump.
But, I evolved and adapted, and now have the courage to take the ice on! No, I haven't morphed into some super being that never slips or falls. I just used a little cold hard cash and bought some
MICROspikes by Kahtoola.
My very dear, sweet husband let me buy a pair for Valentine's as long as I agreed that we could share them. I did, with the condition that I could wear them first ;).
Well, tonight, I went out all giddy to try them out and was a bit disappointed. Don't get me wrong ~ I loved my MICROspikes! I just wished that there had been more snow and ice then there was. (Please don't throw snowballs at me!) Most of the sidewalks were clear and I hesitated wearing my new tools on them. I didn't know if it would wear down the metal and didn't want to take the chance, since they're brand new. But, where there was ice and snow, they worked beautifully! I had more traction on the snow and could confindently walk on a clear sheet of ice. They were also very easy to pull on and off.
I bought them based on internet reviews and am so glad that I did! They did cost a little more money then other strap-ons, but I'm planning on buying Dave his own pair so that we don't have to share. I liked them that much!
Friday, February 15, 2008
MICROspikes take the ice!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment