Sunday, February 3, 2008

Day at the Park

Friday we went to the park and had a picnic. The weather was so beautiful with it's blue skies and crisp air. Bridger kept saying that it felt like summer, not winter.

We chose to go to Agua Caliente park, which was my favorite park as a teenager and going there brought back many memories. The park has three large ponds that are naturally fed by hot springs and was a homestead for ranchers in the early 1900's. In the last 30 years it was turned into a public park. When I used to go to it, which was usually when I was supposed to be in class, it was a quiet and unknown park. The Red-winged Blackbirds would call from the reeds while the mallards would beg for bread. I loved going there!

A couple years ago they fixed the park up with a new parking lot and art gallery; and now it is frequented by a lot more people then it was 10 years ago. To be honest I loved it when it was more wild. But we still had a great time and enjoyed the beautiful weather!


2 comments:

{sheree} said...

Chanelle, I love these pictures of your kids! And it is nice to see that the sun is shining somewhere! It looks like you are having so much fun!

Teresa said...

Looks like you had a wonderful day. What cute children! We are waiting for the weather to warm up here in Oregon, so that we too can spend more time outdoors and feed the ducks. I'm happy that you had such a pleasant day.