Thursday, February 21, 2008

My laundry sorter: Old and New










About 5 years ago I bought a laundry sorter for my bedroom, and as you can see it is in an awful state. I have been wanting to replace it for a while. Dave bought me a new one for Christmas, but it was so cheap it broke while I was putting it together. But, it was wasn't his fault. I told him I wanted it and he was a sweetheart and bought it for me. Luckily, I was able to take it back. I should have known that it would have been poorly made when it only cost $13.

Since then, I've been reading reviews on the internet of different sorters and decided that I wanted one on Amazon by Seville. But, it's price tag made me wait to get it. Well, I had a nice paycheck from lia sophia last week and I almost bought one on Monday. I didn't because I decided that $60, plus shipping, was more then I wanted to pay for it.

Then yesterday I went to Costco and guess what? Yeah, you already know ~ they had the exact sorter there for $40!!! So I bought it. WooHoo!! It took about 10 minutes to put together and came with all the tools needed, which weren't many. The bags are a tough canvas and the metal bars are thick and stout. Plus, the best part is you can take the bags full of laundry right to the washing machine.

I would have kicked myself so hard if I hadn't of waited! :)

2 comments:

Rencher Fam said...

That's awesome Chanelle. I have been kind of on an organizing kick lately...I might have to make my way to Costco!!

Lara said...

It's lovely! I'm glad you found such a great deal. And your recipes look yummy! My kids love cooked carrots.