We went up Farmington Canyon and enjoyed the pre-spring day on Friday. The sun was out, the snow was melting, and the birds were singing. Bits of grass were pushing their way up through the melting snow and the first butterfly of the season was on the errand of waking the others.
Black-capped Chickadees were dancing all around, so I sang "Good Morning" to them. Three little ones approached to see who had greeted them and then whistled back a reply. I was delighted and yelled to Dave, who was further up the trail, "I can talk to birds!" But, I wasn't caught by surprise.I've always been able to talk to birds. As a youth, my animal name was "Mocking Bird" and I answered to it proudly. And on this beautiful day, the
dark hooded birds welcomed me with high spirits.
We only went into the mouth of the canyon, as the snow began to get too deep for safely walking on its ledges. But, it was evident that Spring is having her way with Winter and we will soon have flowers and warmer days.
The day the Lord created
hope was probably the same day
he created Spring.
Bern Williams
2 comments:
What fun pictures! I LOVE SPRING!!
How fun! How wonderful that you guys took the time to enjoy the change of the seasons, instead of just the seasons themselves. Great pictures!
Post a Comment