Last week, Aubrin walked up to me and she had something her mouth. I asked her to spit it out and was appalled when I found it to be my wedding rings! The Little Sneak had been on my nightstand and made a mess, besides taking my rings. I'm so happy that I found them before she swallowed them ~ Ouch!
Well, while we were at the zoo, I found a little purse that won my heart ~ and when I say little, I mean little! The first thing I thought was, "My rings will fit in this!" So I bought it. Now, I put my rings in it when ever I'm not wearing them and it is wonderful having them in something a little more tangible.
Plus, lately I've had a thing for symbols, so I looked up the meaning for the horses on my little purse, and I was pleasantly pleased with what I learned. Briefly, these are a few of the Horse's virtues:
Friendship, adventure, travel, new journeys, high-spiritedness, stamina, mobility, freedom, power, loyalty, devotion, bravery, warrior spirit, faith, cooperation, warning of danger, unquestioning love, and overcoming of obstacles.
Dave and my relationship has all of these attributes, so I find it very fitting that this little purse, that holds my wedding rings, has horses on it. I've decided that the black horse, on the front, represents Dave and the red horse represents me. The colors have symbolic meanings, too, and what is funny is that their meanings fit us individually~ LOL
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Keep me safe and protected
Posted by
Chanelle
at
2:40 PM
Labels: Dave and me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It's nice that you found something to keep your rings safe. I lost my engagement ring 4 years ago, and I'm still really sad about it to this day. Maybe if I had a better place for it, I wouldn't have lost it. Hopefully Aubrin isn't able to get into your rings again. They just wouldn't be the same after going through her digestive system!
That is a cute little purse! Fortunately, I don't have to worry about little ones putting my rings in their mouths. But, that's because I can't even get my rings off!
Post a Comment