Friday, March 14, 2008

The Chatty Chickadee

I used to draw as a kid, but quit when I was 15 because I decided that I wasn't any good. But, I still have always enjoyed and appreciated art.

Well, yesterday, I went to the Lamplight Gallery in Bountiful and was amazed by the talent of artist Rebecca Lee. Her paintings were of bright, lifelike vegetables that she made with colored pencils. I was inspired that something so beautiful could be made from something so simple, so I went to the nearest art store and bought some Prismacolor pencils to try it out.

After playing around with my new pencils, I was stunned by what I had produced. It's not perfect, but then like Dave said, "Nature isn't perfect, either." ;) I still can't believe what I did, but it has given me hope that maybe I'm not as bad as I thought. And I really hope I can do it again. ~LOL~

Internet print out on the left and my drawing on the right

6 comments:

Anne said...

Wow, I wish I could draw like that!!

Today we received our order of Little Golden books! I'd forgotten how much I loved the watercolors in them! Your drawing is very similar!

Rencher Fam said...

Wow Chanelle! That is amazing! Thanks for posting this, I loved it!

Lara said...

You have talent! I loved taking art classes in college but it wasn't a big interest of mine. If I was as good as you maybe it would be!

{sheree} said...

You did a great job Chanelle! Really good! How fun!

Teresa said...

Chanelle, you are so very talented! I think it's awesome that you're picking back up something that you enjoyed so many years ago. What an inspiring post. Makes me wonder what I might can do again.

Emilie said...

I hope you don't mind me commenting. I found your blog through my sister-in-law's (Danica's).

I adore Rebecca Lee!!!! You can take classes from her through the Bountiful Davis Art Center. She is a fabulous teacher as well as an amazing artist!