On day two, we went into Arches and hiked a guided tour called "Fiery Furnace" which took us through slot canyons. Our guide did an amazing job ~ he educated us, made it entertaining, and kept his cool when he told a kid to get off the cryptobiotic soil crust.
There were multiple arches in the canyons. This was called Skull arch, because it looks like an upside-down skull.
On day #1 we met a German couple, Pascal and Nina, that were also going on the trail, so we hung out for most of the day. Pascal was a riot! He made me laugh continually. And Nina was gorgeous. This is Dave with Pascal on a ledge waiting to crawl through a little arch.
Here's me crawling the arch. I can't remember it's name, but the experience itself was rememberable.
Here I am in one of the larger slots ~ I look fat in the pictures of smaller ones, so I'm only posting this one ;) LOL
Dave showing us the "easy" way to through.
One of the many beautiful views while in the canyons -->
<--One of the ledges we walked up.
Afterwards we hiked up to Delicate Arch. It was very beautiful but VERY windy! I had to take a dozen pictures to get a straight one because the wind would move my hands so much.
This doesn't even give full concept of how windy it was. There were ledges on both sides of us and I was so afraid of falling I would crawl to get to a new spot.
Our friends, Pascal and Nina, at Delicate Arch.
On the way out we got a picture of Balancing Rock.
It was such a fun day and beautiful country! It was really hard to come home.
5 comments:
WOW! I've never been there! It loos like a lot of fun.
Yep - I'm still super envious :)
What beautiful pictures Chanelle. I love it there too!
Fun...just being alone with my husband would be a bonus!!
So sorry - but I tagged you and I hope you can play, I totally want to read your responses! :)
Post a Comment