Saturday, October 11, 2008

Tucson Trip

In September, the kids and I went to Tucson to see family.
It was a great trip spent with cousins and doing some new things.

Crazy times with wonderful cousins!








"Kissing Cousins"














We went and saw San Xavier, a mission that was built in the 1700's. The art work is absolutely stunning! And it is still used by the local Indian tribe, the Tohono O'odhams.















They were renovating when we went.















The history behind this door lock is that the snake has always been chasing the mouse and if he catches it the end of time will come.














A restored angel in the chapel.















Bridger standing in front of one of the windows.














Cousins on their grandparent's wall.










We also learned about the Hohokam tribe and went looking for Indian pottery. We lucked out and found two hand fulls of shards. We also went swimming and spent time with the kids great-grandparents. Good Times, Better Memories!

2 comments:

Rencher Fam said...

looks like it was a fun trip! I love the picture of Bridger standing in front of the window!

:-) Mama of SIX! said...

Huhumm, hello??? You drove right by my house most likely to see the mission! I see... I see... Next time. Glad you had fun though! Would have been great to see you.