This weekend we drove up Francis Peak and hunted for wildflowers. Okay ~ the family enjoyed the drive and I hunted for wildflowers. There were so many blooming and it is definitely spring time on top of the mountain. It was a beautiful day.
<-- ~ Glacier Lily ~
This my very favorite wild flower. They are short lived with beautiful nodding heads and blanket the forest floor in the early spring.
This my very favorite wild flower. They are short lived with beautiful nodding heads and blanket the forest floor in the early spring.
~ Close up of a Glacier Lily ~ -->
<-- ~Spring Beauty~
My personal
"Spring Beauty"
"Spring Beauty"
<-- ~Upland Larkspur~
These are another favorite
These are another favorite
~ Close up of a Larkspur flower ~ -->
<-- ~ Utah Sweet Pea ~
~ Goosefoot Violet and Dwarf Waterleaf ~ -->
Doing what we love to do!
<-- ~ Scarlet Gilia ~
While getting this picture, I jumped out of the Jeep and started to walk up the road while Dave found a wider spot to park. A man on an ATV drove by and said "You must be really mad!" It was a good laugh. LOL
While getting this picture, I jumped out of the Jeep and started to walk up the road while Dave found a wider spot to park. A man on an ATV drove by and said "You must be really mad!" It was a good laugh. LOL
<-- ~ Stickweed ~
Also called wild Forget-me-nots
~ Wasatch Bluebell ~ -->
There were more verities of wildflowers but these are my favorites or what I was able to get pictures of. It was a such a beautiful evening!
5 comments:
You always take such great pictures, Chanelle! It looks so pretty and peaceful up there!
I love the glacier lilies - I'll have to make it up there some day to see them - WOW!
What fun!!! I love living by the mountains. It is so pretty and pieceful. This time of year is my favorite by far. Beautiful pictures, by the way!
I can't believe I just mispelled peaceful. =6 What a dummy!!! =)
I really like the Wasatch Bluebell, pretty. How nice to get some fresh spring air!
Post a Comment