Here are some of the caterpillars that we found while camping. Enjoy~
Tent caterpillars clump up on trees and make "tents" on branches. These little guys were everywhere!
<-- ~Lindon Looper~
He was in this postion the whole time I was taking his picture. It looks almost like he has a thread holding him up.
He was in this postion the whole time I was taking his picture. It looks almost like he has a thread holding him up.
<-- ~Maple Spanworm~
He looked so much like a stick we
almost missed him!
almost missed him!
This little guy made it very known that he didn't like to be touched!
(No caterpillars were hurt during the making of this film ~ ;) )
(No caterpillars were hurt during the making of this film ~ ;) )
<-- I haven't been able to identify this caterpillar, but he and his buddies were eating the Mountain Bluebells. Does anyone know what he is?
~Tiger Moth Caterpillar~ -->
I haven't been able to itdentify what kind, but I know it is a tiger moth. Quick fact about me~ I've never had a pet. But when I was about 11 I found a tiger moth and kept it for three days, which it then laid eggs and died. That was the closest to having a pet I ever got. Sad, huh?
I haven't been able to itdentify what kind, but I know it is a tiger moth. Quick fact about me~ I've never had a pet. But when I was about 11 I found a tiger moth and kept it for three days, which it then laid eggs and died. That was the closest to having a pet I ever got. Sad, huh?
2 comments:
looks like you all had a great time. My boys would have been in heaven with all of those caterpillars!!
I'm glad no caterpillars were hurt during your photo shoot! :0) I would love to go explore caterpillars...insects fascinate me!!
Post a Comment