Sunday, June 15, 2008

Kitchen Explosion

I love homemade broth. It is so yummy and makes the best chicken noodle soup for when we are sick. When it cooks it simmers on a super low heat for many hours and sometimes days (especially when I make beef broth). But, in the five years that I've been making broth I've never had what happened yesterday~

Yesterday morning the broth wasn't simmering enough, so I turned the heat up. I didn't turn it up very much, but just enough to get it moving again. We had been working out in the yard and I came in real quick to get something when I noticed it was boiling, but I decided to let it be and went back outside. As I walked outside I heard a loud BANG and when I entered the kitchen again, there was 6 quarts of beef broth all over everything!

It made such a mess, but I was very grateful that I had decided to ignore the boiling ~
if I had checked on it, I would have walked up just as it exploded.

2 comments:

Rencher Fam said...

Wow! I'm glad you're OK! The broth sounds yummy!

{sheree} said...

How scary! I'm glad that everyone is ok!