I was listening to Yahoo! Music while cleaning my office and a new song by Jewel was in the lineup. It is called Stronger Woman and is the new single from her upcoming country inspired album, Perfectly Clear.
When I first saw the video I was disappointed by all the "sparkly, sparkly" she had on. She is normally such a simplistic beauty, and I thought that she was trying to be like all the other singers out there right now. But, as the video developed, it made so much sense and made me smile.
Also, I just finished Viktor Frankel's book, Man's Serach for Meaning, and this song is the artistic expression of the book for me. It reminded me to stand strong no matter what I am facing and shed anything that doesn't make me feel confident and peaceful, whether it be people, material goods, or unnecessary burdens.
Here's to each of us becoming stronger women!
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
I'm a Stronger Woman
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Thanks for posting this Chanelle! I first heard this song while we were driving to California and LOVED it; it just struck me like sometimes songs do. I never took the time to find out who sang it though. I love Jewel and it was great to see the video!
That's one of my favorite books. It has taught me so much!
Nice song. I'm glad that you shared. I am also happy for the book recommendation, as I've been looking for something inspiring to read.
Chanelle - you are a strong woman and I totally believe in you! Sounds like I need to read that book - I've always wanted to - no time like the present!
Post a Comment