
We have a ton of Legos that Bridger loves to play with, but hates to clean up. The picture doesn't do justice how many Legos we really have. It is a huge mound and not a flat pile. So when it is time to clean up he either whines or throws a fit, even if he 'promised' to clean it up.
But, thanks to an idea from a comment on "Adventure with the Renchers" blog, we have solved the problem! This what I did ~ I took a table cloth, that I never use, and gave it to him to play on. Then when he is done he pulls up the corners of the table cloth and dumps it in our bucket. I actually have him pull the cloth out and fold it because it takes up less room. It has been so much easier to take care of and he has been cleaning them up without even being asked! I like that part the best ~ ;) I wish I would have thought of this a LONG time ago!
Another problem we were having were Lego instructions that didn't have a place they belonged in, so they couldn't be found and were being torn to pieces. Bridger would tell us that we had to buy him a new set so that he could get instructions for his old ones again! I never bought into that!
But, instead I gave him a folder with clear sleeves in it and now all of his instructions are in one place and aren't being shredded to pieces. We then put the table cloth, folder and a small container of his current project in the tub and it is all clean! YEAH!
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Cleaning up Legos has never been eaiser
Posted by
Chanelle
at
12:56 PM
Labels: Bridger, Organizing, Talk About Tuesday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
That is a fabulous idea. i saw your comment on Lazy O's blog and wondered which dairy you get your milk from (and how much it is - I wonder if it would be worth the drive for our milk group).qzxicxc
Amazing tip! Makes so much sense...
What an excellent idea! I wish this would work for my laundry---you know, put it all on top of a tablecloth, dump it in a bin, and then it is all folded magically!
That is a great idea, Chanelle! I'm totally gonna do that with my boys. They love love love Legos, and i find them all over the place.
Wow!!! Thanks!
What a great idea Chanelle!
That is a really good idea! Great job.
Yeah! I'm glad it works so well. I'll have to tell my sister in law that her tip was helpful! She also has a binder with all of the directions inside! Great ideas!!!
Great idea, I am going to start using it today!
http://happyhousewife.wordpress.com
How easy and organized!
Post a Comment