Saturday, January 12, 2008

What a FUN date night!










Dave and I went out tonight and had a blast! To
start the night off we decided to hike the foothills near us and look for deer. But, before we could begin scouting, we got our Cherokee temporarily stuck in the snow. It took backing up, going forward and praying many times to finally get it out! It was a little scary, but definitly left fun memories.

Once we had the car in a safe place we started up the mountain. Straight up the mountain! Trying to hike through the snow was tough, but very physically rewarding. ~Feel the BURN!~ In most
places it was a foot deep, but sometimes it was much deeper. Once, I fell forward just barely catching myself before I ate a mouthful of snow! Dave and I giggled and giggled while he helped me turn my feet down hill again.

But, the highlight of the night were the animals we saw. We were not only treated with deer, but
with elk too! It was a complete shock! We see them all the time when we go to Strawberry, but we have never seen them in our mountains before tonight. And they were so low. The snow must be very deep on top to have pushed them so close. We saw three cows and one 5 point bull. It was very exciting. My pictures didn't turn out very well, but it will give you a feel for what we saw. We also saw a 4 point deer and a handful of does.

After our time on the mountain, we went out to dinner and had a very nice evening. It was so nice to get out alone. Tonight was the most fun I've had in a long while!

~the city below us~

3 comments:

Nicole said...

It's always good to get out for some alone time. Sounds like you guys had a blast.

:-) Mama of SIX! said...

Jealous, that's all that comes to mind.

Danica said...

What a fun night! I love a still winter night!

You've been tagged for a "Getting to Know Your Friends 2008 ABC's." Go to my blog and copy the post, then fill in your own. You know the drill. Have fun!

Danica