Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

I can't believe it is already 2008! I know that everyone says that, but it is so true! I wrote a check today and had to really think about what the date was! LOL

But, other then that, we had a blast last night! We had a couple of friends over and tons of good food! I'm back to eating as little sugar and white flour as possible, so we had lots of organic whole wheat crackers (which are really quite tasty), many different cheeses (Dubliner Cheddar, Gruyere, Gouda, Challis with Port), artichoke dip, organic pears and apples (Yum!), salami, French mustard, chips and salsa, and more! My favorite treat of the night was my concoction of Dulce de Leche hot chocolate! It was heaven. And, yes Mom, I'll post the recipe. ;)

We adults played games upstairs, while the kids played downstairs and it worked out perfect. We laughed almost all night! We played some version of Cranium and Extreme Jenga. I've never played Cranium before last night, but I might just go and buy myself one. It was a hoot!

We had such a great time that even though I wanted to go to bed so bad, it was hard to see everyone leave.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys have some beautiful kids!
I LOVE THEM!!!!!!
I can't wait to see them.... and you, too.

Grandpa Hoefferle