Over Labor Day weekend, Dave and I went to Moab for some alone time. We stayed at the Sunflower Hill Inn, a bed and breakfast in the center of town. I really enjoyed it except for our room was close to the breakfast area and in the morning, if we didn't have the fan on, we could hear everyone talking. That was my only beef with the place. Otherwise it was a beautiful place with so much to do we really didn't need to leave ~ except to go wheeling and hiking, of course!
The inn consisted of two buildings and our room was in this one. The breakfasts were delicious and homemade.
We stayed in the Garden room, which was very nice and cozy.
The first day we did the Steelbender trail with about 20 other drivers. Though it was a little easy for us, we had a great time!
I was taking a picture of us and got a suprise! LOL
One of the valleys on the beginning of the trail.
Going down the "Dragin' Tail" obstacle.
Taking a lunch break and enjoying the views
The picture doesn't do it justice!
After the trail run we went and saw some petroglyphs that were off one of the main roads. They are way above my head in the red section.
Dave with dinosaur foot prints. While hiking up to this I got super dizzy and almost fell. It was a bit nerve racking.
My interpretation of this is the Indians were keeping record of the different methods of hunting big horned sheep. If you look at it closely, you can see a sheep tied up; an Indian dressed as a sheep with a bow and arrow; and a sheep eating some weird stuff (maybe poison?). But, I'm probably really wrong!
Eating Prickly Pear Fruit. I actually gave pieces of it to some other tourists and they had a blast. They said they had just been wondering if it could be eaten. I think it was the best Prickly Pear I have ever had ~ it tasted like bubble gum. YUM!
This was just the first day! Day #2 and the Fiery Furnace is next.
3 comments:
Ohhhh - you have me getting excited to have outings with my hubby again someday! Looks like you had an awesome time - and you look gorgeous!
I loved the pics Chanelle. You and Dave are so cute together! What a fun getaway!!
Wow! I am so envious! What a fun weekend!
Post a Comment