Sunday, August 3, 2008

Stop #4 (cont) -- Morro Bay Tide Pools

This is the beach at 9am, about an hour after low tide. When we left for the day, around 1pm, this was all under water. This was our favorite part of the whole trip and we learned so many interesting things about the ocean and tide pool animals. Bridger loved playing with the hermit crabs. One hermit crab had the most beautiful shell, but I couldn't convince him to give it up. Darn! ;)






Aubrin playing in the sand
















Dave checking out a tide pool















Aubrin and I collecting shells


















Sea anemones, kelp, mussels, and all kinds of other sea life

















Bridger checking out the
sea anemones
















We found a starfish!














I was standing on a rock trying to get a picture of the starfish when a wave caught me by surprise. It hit me hard and I got nervous that I was going to fall on the sharp rocks and sea anemones, but I was able to balance myself until it went back out. And I've got the picture to prove it! (Want an idea of how cold it was? We all had jackets on to stay warm.)













Bridger with the tide coming in behind him











1 comments:

Rencher Fam said...

Such beautiful pics of your family. What a fun place to visit!