After Solvang we headed for Pismo Beach. As a kid my family went to it enough that I have quite a few memories. And it was very similar to what I remembered, except the pier was a lot shorter ~ LOL. We stayed in Pismo for three days and we were able to get a hotel right on the beach. I loved the food in Pismo and want to go back just for that! (I have to give Dave credit for the above picture)
Our first night we walked the town and pier. It was beautiful, but a bit chilly. The pier was crowded with fishermen, and one caught a starfish that he let us touch it before he threw it back in.
Pismo has the largest quantity of clams on any beach along the Pacific Coast and is famous for their clam festivals. We weren't there for the celebrations, but we did have clam chowder at Splash Cafe. It was the best I've ever had! Bridger and I are here with a "giant clam" (it's made of cement ;) )
We also ate at Mo's, a BBQ place, and Mon Ami, a coffee and crepe shop (I had hot chocolate of course ~ ;) ). Can you tell I liked the food? That is all I've talked about so far. LOL
Sunset across the beach.
Finally we are at the beach! But, it was freezing! My mother tried to warn me, but I didn't remember it being that cold! Bridger played in the water and came back with his teeth chattering and lips blue. So the kids played in the
sand instead.
Because it was so cold, we decided to pick up camp and go to Avila Beach, which was only 15 minutes away. It was much warmer there and we actually got to play. (I knew it was warmer because of advice from my mother. Thanks, Mom!) I didn't get any pictures, except this one of Bridger burying himself, because we had so much fun.
The morning we left we had a ton of laundry, so while the clothes were washed, this is where the kids got to play. How fun is that?
1 comments:
What a great vacation--I'd take that over Disneyland any day! We love Aebleskivers! That looks like an inredible place to visit. Glad you had a good time.
Post a Comment